Talks & Workshops
Sarah gives talks and workshops on topics related to career development, business skills, and making positive life changes.
Current talk and workshop offerings:
THE SECRETS ABOUT SPEAKING FROM STAGE:
An interactive workshop that takes a 21st century look at the why, the what and the how-to when it comes to speaking to an audience effectively.
- WHY this so important in today’s music world
- WHAT audiences actually want to know and respond to
- HOW to create effective stage presence when speaking
- WHAT to say and HOW to say it
THE CHANGE OF A LIFETIME: Change your mindset so you can achieve the things you want to achieve
Sarah shares her story of an injury and how learning to change her mindset was the cornerstone of her recovery. In this workshop, students will learn how to:
- shift their mindset to help them achieve what they want to achieve
- recognize obstacles getting in the way
- set realistic and achievable goals
- implement a plan of execution
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET AHEAD: Business skills for the 21st century musician
Sarah leads a multifaceted career incorporating all angels of what it means to be a 21st century musician. In this workshop, Sarah will use her experiences as a performer, teacher, contractor, artistic director, consultant and entrepreneur to teach students important business skills in order to be successful in the field.
Topics covered include:
- defining your product
- creating an effective brand
- marketing and online presence
- productivity skills - efficiency is key!
Curtis Institute of Music
New England Conservatory of Music
Mannes College of Music, The New School
Stephen F. Austin University
Silkroad Global Musicians Workshop
Pennsylvania State University
University of Nevada
North Carolina State University
University of Wyoming